Bee counter software
beeTrack1 is a c++ program using openCV libraries. Here is an example of it processing video:
Processing steps for each frame:
- Convert image to grey scale.
- Threshold based on grey value.
- Filter to smooth the noise.
- Draw a color contour around each object and color code it based on size (area).
- Check each existing track to see if one falls within a contour of an object.
- If so, append the center coordinates of the object to the track. If not, start a new track.
- When the track ends, increment the IN or OUT counter depending on where the track starts, ends and length.