Bee counter software
beeTrack1 is a c++ program using openCV libraries. Here is an example of it processing video:
Processing steps for each frame:
- Convert image to grey scale.
- Threshold based on grey value.
- Filter to smooth the noise.
- Draw a color contour around each object where the color is based on area.
- Calculate area of each object and color code it based on size
- Check each track to see if it falls within a contour of an object.
- If so, append the center coordinates of the object to the track. If not, start a new track.
- When the track ends, increment the In or out counter depending on where the track ends.
1 brown 2 red 3 orange 4 yellow 5 green 6 blue 7 violet