Hardware: Hive Interface Board 4
Can operate with the Pi or as a standalone Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) device. Replaces the HX711 single channel ADC with an 8 channel.
- Move the LED from Pin 7 GPCLK0 (RPi GPIO 7 or BCM GPIO 4) to Pin 11 (RPi GPIO 0 or BCM GPIO 17) so it doesn't conflict with the 1-Wire default pin.
- AD7124-8 24 bit ADC with 8 differential inputs
Provides independent channels for each of the 4 load cells or four scales with 4 loads cells in parallel.
- Instrumentation Amplifiers for load cells.
Maybe not necessary. Preliminary tests using the EVAL-AD7124-8 board are able to resolve to .001 lbs (.45 g) without external amplifiers.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) support
Uses the BMD301 containing the Nordic nRF52 32 bit ARM processor with GPIO lines and eight 16 bit ADC inputs.
- BMD301 32 bit ARM processor with GPIO lines and eight 16 bit ADC inputs
- 40 pin header plug into a Pi.
The board can run from the Pi without the BMD301 as a replacement for the HX711
- two coin cells to power the BMD301
- BMD301 (Nordic nRF52) can be programmed via the Pi.